The perfect choice if you're looking for a retreat outside the busy Lalibela
Locally owned lodge with an extremely attentive and helpful owner
Mezena Lodge is a new lodge that opened in September 2017 and has quickly established itself as one of better hotels in Lalibela. Mezena Lodge has 30 spacious cottages spread out across a hillside with some superb views. Its out of town location ensures that you can enjoy some peace and quiet away from busy Lalibela.
Our expert view;
- Location location location... Mezena’s hillside location is a great antidote to the thriving and busy Lalibela centre.
- Mezena Lodge has some of the most spacious rooms in Lalibela.
- Hillside views are exceptional. Some of the best from any Lalibela hotel.
- The food on our visit, and after recent client feedback, has consistently been a highlight.
- SUSTAINABILITY; Locally owned, and all staff drawn from the local area.
Mezena lodge is a 25 minute drive to Lalibela airport. It is situated on the outskirts of the town, with Lalibela centre easily reachable on foot. The lodge has two restaurants, one serving traditional Ethiopian food and a separate 'fine-dining' restaurant.
Around the central building you'll find the restaurant, bar, and spa. The spa includes a sauna, steam room, massage and gym, and there is a swimming pool on the terrace.
The lodge has all the basic amenities you'd expect in a mid-range lodge, and is the perfect choice if you're looking for a retreat outside the town. The lodge is owned by a local Ethiopian who is extremely attentive and helpful.
Not sure where to begin your Ethiopia journey?
I'm here to help create your perfect, bespoke holiday