Nomad Tanzania’s 5 point guide to going on safari with your family.
06 Oct 2017
Share article on
This short 5 point guide to going on safari with your family is written by our partners Nomad Tanzania – a superb safari operation based in Tanzania.
Nomad operate camps and lodges in Northern, Western and Southern Tanzania, including Lamai Camp in the Serengeti and Sand Rivers in the Selous Game Reserve – two of Bens favourite Camps of all time.
Anyway onto the tips from the professionals… Nomad say:
“We have so many enduring memories from our family safaris over the years and have learnt some invaluable lessons along the way. Here’s our - Nomad’s Top 5 tips for Family safaris in Tanzania”
1. Include fewer locations so that they can spend valuable time together – with longer in each place.
2. Mix up the camps and lodges for a variety of adventure and creature comforts.
3. Choose locations with lots of different activities to keep the little ones interested.
4. Flexibility is absolutely key, nothing beats a camp where families can choose how their days are run.
5. Consider a private guide and vehicle for ultimate flexibility on safari activities.
If you’d like to organise a family safari in the Serengeti, the Selous or elsewhere in Africa, then speak to one of our team. Ben has been on plenty of safaris with his 3 children (6 months, 3 yrs & 4 yrs as of late 2017) – so he is a good starting point.